Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

PowerBass S-652 6.5-Inch Coaxial Speaker Set (Pair)

PowerBass 6.5-Inch 2-way S series S-652 Speakers offer great performance at a great price. From hip-hop to jazz to rock, the Powerbass S Series Coaxial speaker system offers the best possible sound quality for whatever you drive. Engineered for the Autosound enthusiasts who seek true value along with easy installation. The S-652 features a 2-layer paper cone that has been treated with DDC (Dynamic Damping Coating) for rich sound and reduced distortion while adding ultraviolet protection. A low profile .075-Inch silk dome tweeter is used to deliver accurate treble reproduction - just like the tweeters found in high end home systems. The drop in replacement allows OEM fit in most factory locations, making these the perfect choice for an inexpensive sonic upgrade to your current car audio system or simply replace those worn out ones. The S-652 features 60Hz - 20Khz frequency repsonse, 4 Ohm nominal impedance, 88 db efficiency, with a mounting depth of 2 3/8-Inch, driver cutout of 5 11/16-Inch, and grill height of 0.94-Inch. This complete kit includes mesh wire grills, speaker wire, mounting hardware, application guide and official PowerBass decal. The PowerBass team comes with 20 years of experience in design, engineering and manufacturing to give you the cleanest and most explosive sound on the highway today.

Amazon Sales Rank: #25446 in Car Audio or Theater Color: Black Brand: PowerBass USA Model: S-652 Dimensions: 2.37" h x 6.50" w x 6.50" l, 1.60 pounds Kit includes mounting hardware mesh wire grills speaker wire and decal 0.75-Inch pure silk dome tweeter 150 Watts peak power 4-Ohm Nominal Impedance 60 Hz - 20 Khz Frequency repsonse Woofer features paper cone treated with Dynamic Damping Coating efficiency to 88db

Customer most helpful reviews 0 of 0 people found this review helpful. The jury is still out! Darryl Pierce, I had these installed in a Honda Accord the 2011th I did not specifically ask them to audition these speakers or before you install. (1 error) I just knew I had to go to the factory speakers. I just told the dealer to put audio only in some of the speakers, as they have done really well for my Explorer. (They have installed a JL Audio speaker at the time) I paid 79.00 for these installation +. Actually they are the only way I knew was Powerbase speakers have been left in the box in the car after installation. When I saw "Made in China", my curiosity got the best of me, so I researched online, I should have done before, but anyway, I still would have been fine with these speakers other than the price I paid. So far the speakers, while a marked improvement over the OEM factory, the sound is not improved dramatically with the exception of certain types of music. ( (Classical, Jazz) They are very light, ie the top and midrange sounds are good, but they tend to be a hollow bass sound I think it would be the case in the Honda to have . Honda is not the entire door cabinets and they have only a small separate enclosure for speakers, so most of your base comes from the subwoofer to the rear. All in all, the speakers are just ok as itnitial listening test. They do not seem to interfere with a high volume and did I mention that they are really bright. I can actually hear some of the digital artifacts that occaisionally appear in compressed music. I had to turn down the treble to a, was set to 3 with the factory speakers. Bass was increased to 1 + 0. The subwoofer was turned into one of -1 to compensate for the lack of low-to midrange Baas. These are not the most efficient speakers you can buy. 88 dB is a bit on the low side of the car speakers. 90-91 is what I would have seen was the first study, 88 would be good if you use a more powerful unit or amplifier head. Although the Honda radio is rated at 270 watts, which is shared with six speakers and a sub. The submarine is probably between 90 and 100 of the 270th I'll be a long road trip in a couple weeks and really listen to a lot of music on the go. I'll come back and update this reveiw in a couple weeks, but I would say that these speakers are likely to satisfy 80 to 90% of people who buy them, and the satisfaction of the speakers is very subjective. There are many factors that determine how they sound. The type of vehicle, the main unit, the type of music and above all, listen to the person. What sounds good to me, may sound like crap to you, so be careful when reading reviews of speakers, including me. 0 of 0 people found this review helpful. Great speakers! By jmh These are great speakers. I do not know why anyone else would say, unless they just do not know what this sound is heavily influenced by their size and the tweeters are not hard like most others. They get nice and loud without distortion. Do not be afraid to paper cones. They continue to produce the best sound quality without listening fatigue. For the price, you can not touch. 0 of 0 people found the following review helpful. You can spend more, but why? By Bob Brown, I recently bought this speaker 6-1/2 inch power bass as a replacement for my 2006 Pontiac. I was a bit skeptical when ordering, because I had never heard of this before with my own ears, but I based my decision on the recommendation of an old friend. After installing the speaker in the factory I could not wait to get back on the radio and listen to my favorite CD. Wow I was impressed! The sound was much cleaner and louder than the factory speakers I replaced. The Power Bass uses a silk dome and much more expensive Polk Audio 6-1/2 and wow you can hear the difference, the vocals are crystal clear and the sound of an acoustic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment